Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Not even in North Carolina

When I left work last night it was still REALLY hot. At 9:20pm, it was still 92 degrees outside. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we didn't even see that kind of weather in North Carolina. 85 overnight maybe, but I don't remember 92 at 9:30. Any of you still living down there can correct me if I'm mistaken :)

Fortunately, it apparently stormed like crazy last night (either I finally slept through something or it didn't hit very hard here). 125,000 people lost power in Chicagoland. By the way, I didn't make up that term, Chicagoland, it's actually what they call it. I guess it's shorter than saying "Greater Chicago Metropolitan Area" or something.

In other news, I'm utterly exhausted and haven't been able to work on my stupid paper nearly as much as I wanted to. The end is in sight, and yet it looks way too far away to handle right now. I just want to be done, but I'm afraid if I leave it with half of the second section finished it will look pretty lame and my advisor will clearly be able to tell that I pooped out on the end of my paper. Sometimes I wish I was satisfied with mediocrity. But then I suppose I wouldn't be in grad school to begin with. eeeeek

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home