Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Manny

Andy always says that one day, when we're old, we'll talk about the days when Manny Ramirez played the way people talk about Aaron, Gehrig, Mantle, and the others. I'd say that's a pretty accurate statement, considering Manny's lifetime 20 grand slams - just 3 less than the all-time leader, Gehrig, with 23. Will he surpass that number in his career? Most definitely, barring some horrible disaster. David Oritz, who has been on fire the last few days only has 8. Of course I say only - that's still quite a few when you think about it. Not only do you have to hit a homerun, but you have to be batting when the bases are loaded. This doesn't happen everyday.

Of course, we shouldn't count Ortiz out - Ramirez and Ortiz hitting 3 and 4 is one of the best combos ever. I'm not just saying that because it's the Red Sox, either :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home