Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Monday, July 10, 2006

The Domestic Science Recipe of the Day

I can't keep it to myself any longer.

Scallop Salad
Soak the scallops in salted water; simmer five minutes in boiling water; drain, cool, cut in slices and marinate with French dressing. At serving, drain, mix with equal bulk of celery; dress with mayonnaise; shape in a mound. Mask with mayonnaise. Outline designs on the sides of the mound with capers; fill in the designs with chopped white of egg and figures cut from beets.

I expect everyone will now rush out to make it. For the sake of historicity, I will include the source of the spectacular recipe. If you're a student with access to the American Periodicals Series database, feel free to check out the picture that goes with the recipe. Janet McKenzie Hill, “Dishes to Tempt the Palate,” Ladies’ Home Journal, September 1900, 23, http://proquest.umi.com.

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

At first I thought you were seriously suggesting someone should make this recipe and I was about to cry from reading the torture those poor delicious scallops would have to endure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home