Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Groceries

We went to Harris Teeter today, the fancy grocery store, because they had strawberries on sale for 98 cents a pound. For anyone who doesn't pay attention to strawberry prices, that's a good deal. When we were all finished, we had a fairly large cart full of items. I don't really like to go to Harris Teeter because they bag your groceries for you, and I prefer to do it myself (unless I'm in a hurry). Well, when I'm by myself they usually ask if I need any help getting them to my car. No, thank you, I think I can lift a gallon of milk. Well, today, with Andy standing right there, they asked if I wanted to "drive up" (ie they would stand there outside the door with my cart while I drove up to get the groceries). Is it that hard to wheel your cart across the flat parking lot for 10 seconds when you've already wheeled it up and down the aisles for the last half hour? I'm not sure, but even if I couldn't do it, I bet Andy could. And either way, you still have to put the groceries in the car. I'd rather do it in the safety of the parking lot than with cars driving up and down the main driveway in front of the store.

Well, I'm supposed to be working on my paper... 10 pages due Monday, and I'm almost there, but 25-35 pages due 3 weeks from yesterday. I think I'd better aim higher than 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home