Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Challenges

It's been a challenging few weeks. I've had a rude awakening about grad school and college in general. Taking only 1 class last semester gave me 1 whole day with nothing but class in the evening and 2 afternoons a week to hang out. I hardly had any homework, and I thought, "this school thing is great!" Well, now I've had some confusion with assignments on top of TONS of papers to write, and I'm feeling a little worn out. It's spring break and I've been working just as hard as before, except I can choose when I go to campus instead of going for my class.

I've also been reminded of the fleeting nature of life. My friend Sara just found out that her dad has cancer. A LOT of cancer - in his lung, brain, stomach, liver and bones. One minute he had a cold he couldn't shake, and the next, he's full of cancer. I can't even imagine how she and her family feels because it's pretty draining just to be on the friend side of all this. Let this serve as a reminder to people to go to the doctor when they don't feel quite right. Of course, what makes this worse is that he did go to the doctor, and they never noticed all this cancer. I wish they could find a cure, and soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home