Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Friday, April 01, 2005

Living History Sites

I have to give a presentation about them for my Writing! class. I'm not sure what giving a presentation has to do with writing, but I'm not sure what a lot of the class has to do with writing. Anyway, what do you say about them? They seem pretty self explanatory to me - it's a bunch of people dressed in costumes telling you what may or may not be true about their site. Yeah, amazing, it might not be the truth - it all depends on how much history they really want to tell. That's a big controversy about Williamsburg, although I've never been there so can't comment. For a long time, they neglected the whole slavery thing, but I think they've fixed it. In any case, what you see at those sites isn't necessarily the truth anyway because we can't know exactly what happened. And really, do you think you want to be in the same room with someone who bathes once a week and works with cows? I don't think so - but that's real history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home