Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Monday, September 27, 2004

Working Girl

So I had to work on Saturday. It's not my favorite part of my new job, but it does allow me to get a lot of homework done, since we really just have to be a warm body at the desk. Normally, I wouldn't be there alone, but everyone else had a field trip, and the other girl couldn't work because it was Yom Kippur (major Jewish holiday). It was just me, the goats, and the alarm system. Ok, so I have been shown how to disarm the main building many times, but I've only actually been shown how to disarm the one for the house. Apparently I did something wrong, because at 9:30, a security guard came by on his golf cart to find out why the house alarm had gone off. I said that I thought I turned it off properly at 8:40 (after feeding the goats - why, by the way, did it take them an hour to come and make sure that everything was ok?). Anyway, I still don't understand what I did wrong, since I did the same thing that I did for the main building alarm. I'll have to ask when I go back on Wednesday. Other than that, the goats and I had a relatively uneventful and beautiful day at Oak View. Did I mention the 30 screaming Tiger Cubs (1st grade boy scouts)? Well, they came with 30 calm parents (one for each cub), and everything actually went just fine. They really had a good time, which was great, because I was the only one there, so we couldn't do a program for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home