Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Monday, September 13, 2004

fuses

So, about 2 weeks ago, my sunroof stopped working. Then, last week, I noticed that the rear windows weren't going down. Oh my - I know my car is old, but I had the switches cleaned and checked after my infamous Sprite incident (after telling Andy not to knock over the Sprite I had set on the center console, I proceeded to knock it over myself, thereby making the windows go up and down all by themselves for 2 days - I drove to work one day while holding my hand on the button to keep them from going down - keep in mind that this was winter). Anyway, after the cleaning those switches were working better than ever - well almost - the front windows used to automatically go down if you pushed the button all the way. And then it all stopped. Over the weekend, I had a brainstorm - maybe it was a blown fuse. We popped open the fuse box, and low and behold, the fuse for the windows & the sunroof are the same! We put in a new fuse, and all was well. Of course, I was really hoping that a fuse was to blame for my rear defrost not working - it wasn't. Although it did start working again this morning, so maybe it had worked its way loose.

So, before you take your car in because something little and dumb isn't working, check your fuse box - they don't last forever, and you might save yourself the $10 labor that they might charge you to do something it takes 30 seconds to fix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home