Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I'm glad we don't live in Florida

Andy reminded me yesterday that one of the options we considered before we moved to NC was Florida. His dad used to work there, so we had some connections for a possible job. All I can say is, NC is about as close to FL as I ever want to get, thank you very much. I'm pretty sure that after we would have evacuated the 2nd time for Frances I would have said, "Ok, now we've left the state, so we never have to come back." And now there's Ivan. How many hurricanes can one flat little state handle? I just hope it doesn't come here, because hurricanes scare the crap out of me. That's what I like about the North. In my lifetime, I think we've only had 2 or 3 hurricanes hit the New England coast and do any real damage. At least that's what I remember. Of course, then there's snow. But at least we know what to do when the snow comes, instead of telling everyone to just stay inside until it melts. 2" of snow is not newsworthy, ok?

I've been trying to decide whether or not the high humidity and outrageously high summer temps in June, July & August are worth the nice winter weather. These hurricanes are making me wish for Pennsylvania. At least we have a/c.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home