Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Brooke has a point

Ok, so I'll admit that sometimes I forget to read everyone's blog. I get distracted by something and never finish going through the blogs. That's why it's Thursday and I just got around to reading Brooke's blog. No offense, ok? Anyway, she does have a point about Engineers (or CS or whatever mathy/sciency majors) and their inability to give speeches. Just stop by those engineering senior project demonstrations and you'll see what I mean. But then again, I wonder, why does it matter? Engineers are building computers, roads, bridges, and if they're not the best at giving a presentation, is that ok? Well, it depends on what "not the best" means. If it means they freeze up and can only mutter "road road road" when they stand in front of someone, then I guess that's a problem. But if they need to have notecards to read from when they give a presentation, isn't that ok, as long as they get the information across? Let's just say I did a lot more work as a history major in one semester than a certain roommate of mine did in 4 years as a Comm major, and no one's going to argue it's because she was better at Comm than I was at History. Unfortunately it seems that Comm majors at least have a better chance of getting a job than a history major. At least in their major field... oh well. If, after spending another 2 years in school I still can't get a job, I think I'll just sit on the couch with my cat and watch TLC. Maybe I'll learn something for my new career as a TV host (oh - I should have been a Comm major for that).

Well, that was a little rambly, but let's face it, it's 7:30am, and I'm at work, and I worked until 8pm last night... I can't be as coherant as one might like.

But notice how I steered clear of politics and didn't make any comments about a certain President's intelligence... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home