Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Friday, September 03, 2004

Carsickness

I've always wondered about carsickness. Why do people get it? Well, I was reading about preventing carsickness in little kids on MSN (since I tend to be a little on the carsick side). Apparently, if you read a book while riding, or do something else to focus on something that isn't moving while you're moving, your brain doesn't know what it should tell your body. Are you moving, or aren't you moving? I guess this confusion then makes you feel sick. Here's my question: does that mean that my brain is less developed than say, my mom's, because she can read in the car and I can't? Maybe it's just developed differently, since I know a heck of a lot more about computers than she does :) Anyway, if you're prone to carsickness, you're supposed to keep the windows open and focus on a point on the horizon. That way your brain can tell that you are moving. I hope this helps you enjoy your labor day weekend travels carsick free :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home