Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Sunday, November 16, 2003

It's a good thing I've got Law & Order

Because there's no Alias tonight. They're having 2 episodes of Criminal Intent tonight, since ABC is having the AMA's. I am desperate to know what will happen next week - how could they do this to me. It's worse than when they postponed Beverly Hills, 90210 because at least then I had a million reruns to watch on cable while I waited for the new episode. Why isn't Alias in syndication yet? Even Full House has made it to Nick at Night.

Since I can't spend my entire life watching TV, I've been devoting a considerable amount of time to staring off into space trying to decide what to do with my life. I can't be the storytime lady forever. I'm not sure why, but a lot of people have been asking me about this lately, even people at work, since, when asked why I work at Barnes & Noble, I say, I didn't know what else to do, and they hired me. I definitely need a bigger place before I can stay home and let the husband earn the big bucks. Not that I'd be able to do that anyway. It's fine for people like my grandma who can actually be creative and make things while they're at home. I took it upon myself to make Christmas stockings for us this year. So far, I have one piece cut out, but that's only thanks to Andy, who sat down and helped me make a good pattern after I tried and tried unsuccessfully. So, if we had this huge house, I could keep myself occupied by painting all the rooms. I'm pretty good at that, thanks to my dad, so that would be something. Otherwise, I think I need a job to keep me occupied, which, frankly, I don't really want, unless I suddenly discover my dream career. Until I guess I'll keep working 4 days a week instead of 5, giving me enough time to do all those things that other people must do on their hour long lunch breaks. Oh, and going to the grocery store in the middle of the day - I highly reccomend it - the lines are so much shorter. I've even had people come out into the aisle to push my cart into their checkout line. I guess people in retail always get bored when there aren't any customers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home