Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Sunday, October 26, 2003

It's been a little while

But I'm still alive. I think I'm going to be a lady bug for Halloween. The kids will like it, and it's one of the easiest costumes I've ever seen. If I was at home, this whole costume would have cost me about $1, but I had to buy the pipe cleaners, poster board and elastic, so it was closer to $3. Here's how it works, according to a website I found: dress all in black, including shoes (duh). Then, cut a piece of posterboard into an oval (I cheated and bought a red piece rather than painting it). Add black spots, staple some elastic into arm holes, make antennae out of pipe cleaners and a headband, and voila! You are a ladybug. I haven't actually done this yet, but it sounds easy, and, heck, when I was about 10 I made my own Pepsi bottle costume complete with a cap, and this is way easier. I think I'll get creative and add an extra set of legs to be realistic. We can dress up for next Tuesday's RUF, too, so if I don't have to work, this'll be a great costume. Maybe Andy can be a man bug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home