Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Sunday, November 09, 2003

It's cold

Ok, so I know I shouldn't be talking because it's at least 10 degrees warmer here than where any of our friends and family live, but wow does it feel cold when we had 80 degree weather last week and then wake up to 50s this weekend. It hits you like a slap in the face when you open the door if you aren't expecting it. You look outside and see the blue, cloudless sky and think "wow, it looks so nice outside," and you are fooled into thinking that a jacket is optional. Well, that little blue sky trick is just nature's way of lulling you into freezing your cute little (or big, depending on who you are) nose off.

On the bright side, we tried out the heater today, just to make sure that it works, and boy does it ever. You feel warm in about 20 seconds. That's one plus for forced hot air, it's speed, although it's noisier than the good old steam radiators we have at home, and it definitely doesn't have the nice humidifying factors that I greatly appreciate when it gets all dry. Time to turn on the humidifier full blast and get a good night's sleep before I tackle another day at the big Barnes and Noble. We've had some customers lately, so keep up the good work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home