Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Down with Standard Time

I have to get up pretty early to go to work, since my commute ranges from 20 to 25 minutes, and I usually have to be there at 8, so I appreciate driving in the morning light, now that the time has changed. However, I'd much rather it still be light outside when I go home. It feels like I never see the sun, since I really never do. The children's dept of the lovely Brier Creek Barnes & Noble (near the intersection of 70 & 540 - go buy books!!) is hidden in the windowless back corner of the store. Sometimes I forget to look out the window when I make an excuse to go to the front of the store, which means I never see the sun. I know that many of you working people are in the same boat... let's revolt and keep Daylight Savings Time - those kids can wear glow necklaces in the morning while they're waiting for the bus in the dark. They'll think it's cool, and I'll still see the sun. Besides, elementary kids aren't waiting for the bus until at least 8am, when it would be light. If I was capable of walking uphill both ways on the way to elementary school (I'm actually serious about that), those high school kids can wait for the bus in the dark. That's just my idea. Their parents might see it a little bit differently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home