Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Oreos

People here in Raleigh must love their Oreos, because there is a sale at one of the grocery stores, or, oddly enough, Eckerd, every week. So either Raleighites love their Oreos, or I never noticed the frequency of Oreo sales when I lived in other states. In any case, as a good citizen of Raleigh, I bought Oreos today. They were the peanut butter/chocolate creme kind that are absolutely divine. And besides, when you can buy cookies for about 1.75 each, why bother to make them? Chocolate chips alone cost that much, not to mention all that butter. So until we get tired of Oreos, there won't be too many batches of homemade cookies for a while. (Although those cookies that Katie's mom made were beyond fantastic, so maybe I'll be inspired...)

P.S. For those of you who are concerned about trans fats, especially since we eat so many cookies in this apartment, Kraft foods (ie Nabisco, ie Oreo), as a little something to say about that here. And for those of you who don't know about trans fats, where have you been?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home