Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Ok, so I'm REALLY bad at this, but I'll keep trying...

One thing I've been meaning to talk about is dirt. Yes, that's right, dirt. Where I come from, dirt is brown. The trees and plants grow in brown dirt, and that's just the way it works. Here, as you can see by the picture below, the dirt is not brown, it's red.

This is the scene of a construction site near our apartment. When I saw all this red dirt, I thought to myself, "wow, red dirt, I thought they only had strange colored dirt out west." Anyway, I guess when Scarlett O'Hara's father talked about the red earth of Tara he was serious. However, I still find it strange because if you look at the dirt around the trees, it's brown. So, does anything actually grow where the dirt is red, or does it need that healthy layer of brown dirt first? I was reminded of this when I used (brown) dirt to repot some plants that Liz gave us. So far they're not dead. Maybe I should have experiemtented with red dirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home