Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Sunday, October 19, 2003

The Yankees are ugly

In our apartment, the World Series isn't on too much. Not only do we not like the Yankees, but frankly, they are unattractive. Coupled with the fact that the announcers just love them, their ugliness just makes it too painful to watch. There's David Wells, who looks pretty scary if you ask me, and Roger Clemens, who can look good if he wants to, but he tries to come across as scary, and he ends up being ugly. And of course, my favorite, Jorge Posada, who definitely looks like he needs jaw surgery to fix that nasty little overbite. Jimmy, Amy and I have all had it - it's not that bad. Ok, yes it is, and I'm not sure I'd do it again, if given the chance, but I didn't look like Posada, either.

I'm not saying that any other team has a higher percentage of attractive people, but since Fox has their "I can see your nosehairs" camera, we've just gotten to see far more of those icky Yankees than I, or most people, care to see. So I hope that the Marlins sweep the Yankees so that we won't have to see them again until the spring. And they'll stop running those dumb ads with Derek Jeter and George Steinbrenner. I know that Yankees fans think Jeter is second only to God, but Andy's blog sheds some light on what real people think of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home