Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

gas

Am I the only one who recognizes how much gas costs? I was driving very happily in the left lane yesterday morning (passing some cars, not just hanging out there, which drives me crazy) when this little Suzuki (think Toyota Echo size) came up on me. I swear it thought it could just push me out of the way (I don't think it realizes just how much my car weighs). Anyway, just as I had finished passing the last car and contemplated pulling over, the Suzuki flew by me on the right and swooped in front of me. It then proceeded to drive away going what I conservatively estimate as 85. First, I didn't even know Suzuki's could GO 85 with their little lawn mower engines, and second, I wonder how it feels to be in a Suzuki going 85. I don't know much about Suzuki's, and maybe they're good cars, but I'm a bit of a car snob, so when I think Suzuki, good thoughts don't float into my head. I'm picturing Angie's sad old Neon with the mildew smell. Anyway, do you think the little Suzuki was thinking, "I think I can, I think I can..." and trying not to fall apart? Good thing there aren't any hills on the beltline.

On a side note, a red Taurus like vehicle also passed me going quite quickly on the way to work, and a Mazda tried to run me over on the way home. Don't they realize that they made the speed limit 55 in the 70s for a reason? Driving 85 is like throwing money out the window when gas costs $2.30 a gallon. Is it going to kill you to get somewhere 5 minutes later? Accelerate gently and smoothly, shift sooner rather than later if you drive a standard, and don't jam on the gas if you drive an automatic.

On a further side note, the first stall is almost always cleaner than the middle stall, and women's bathrooms are usually dirtier than men's when considering public restrooms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home