Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Relief

I took a big risk by quitting my job before I was actually accepted to graduate school. Basically, I'm assuming that I will get in. I really don't know what I'll do if I don't. However, one little piece of relief has come my way. We had to write a proposal for our big Intro to Public History papers and turn it in last week. We got them back last night, and let me just tell you that when I read the first sentence and it included the word "excellent" I just about passed out on the floor. Last week, one of the other students at Oak View brought in a syllabus for a class being offered next semester. It has a 2-4 page paper due every day. I still can't believe it, but apparently that's the norm for grad school. Ever since then, I've been doubting my abilities to do this whole grad school thing. It's a lot of work, and it's hard to go back to doing all that homework when you've been able to watch unlimited (well, relative to Andy's tolerance) hours of TLC every night. Well, now I feel a little better about my ability to continue with this. Of course, it helps that I won't have a full load until next fall :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home