Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Rally Monkey

No, the Rally Monkey is not dead, at least if you are actually watching the game. I have to admit, though, it was hard for me to decide who to root for during this series. I wanted to root for the Angels because I wanted to wear my shirt again. But then, it's the Red Sox, and I've been rooting for them since I was 5 years old. It's like having to choose between peanut butter cup and fudge brownie ice cream when you're not allowed to have both. Sadly, I did have to choose, and when it came right down to it, I had to choose the Red Sox. Although, if they lose to the Yankees again in the ALCS, I think I might spiral into a deep depression. Either that or go and get the peanut butter cup AND fudge brownie ice cream. I feel like the Rally Monkey might be able to take the Angels all the way, while the Red Sox need Baseball Jesus (Johnny Damon) to perform some serious Baseball Miracles. I don't know why, but even in my heart of hearts I somehow feel like the Red Sox will never win. Yet I keep rooting for them and yelling at the TV like some sort of crazed baseball maniac. I was home on Tuesday afternoon watching the game when our neighbor rang the doorbell - I was mid scream about something. I think she was a little surprised, but she can't figure out how to get her mail forwarded from our address to hers, so I don't feel like it's such a big deal.

Anyway, back to baseball. All I really want is for the Yankees to go down. I don't care who does it, but they need to go down, preferably before the World Series so that we don't have to listen to anymore "Derek Jeter is the best hitter in the entire world" comments. I think that my desire for the Yankees to lose outweighs my desire for the Red Sox to win. Maybe that's how I can have both flavors of ice cream (please forgive my return to that strange analogy)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home