Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Fall in PA

So it was a little bit colder in PA than I'm used to. Last time, I remember being very happy to come back to NC where it was warm. This time, I got out of the car and I almost choked from the humidity. It was 75 degrees at 5pm and felt like you could wring water out of the air. Welcome to the South.

On a good note, I got to see Janeal, my supervisor from my internship at CCHS. I want to be her when I grow up. She has the best job, and if I could hold half as many facts in my head, I'd be happy. I already head straight for the children's section at any museum - doesn't that say what I should become? This doesn't mean that I like kids enough to be ready for my own - just that kids are excited to learn about what you're telling them. They might have crazy questions, but they're not going to get upset because the tires are on the tractor backwards and take 30 mins to tell you the best way to turn them around.

I have the day off today because the car is being fixed. We'll pick it up today and find out what the damages are. I'm not looking forward to that so much, but I will be excited to feel safe driving my car again. Things were about to fall off, apparently. Who knew? Of course, we still have to get the flat tire repaired, so I don't feel 100% safe. I thought that they could repair it, but unfortunately not. So until we can take it to Colony Tire or some such place, I'll be spare tire-less. Thank goodness that my dad squeezed a full sized spare into the trunk. Otherwise we'd be in trouble!

I worked a lot last week, including Thursday evening, so there weren't any posts. This week, I haven't got as much homework, and I'll have the whole weekend to do it, so I'll try to be on top of things. I'm going to start working 1 day per week at the library in November. That will feel good. I've also got to get going on my paper and my application for grad school. Janeal assured me that I would get in. I needed that. Now all I have to do is write my statement of purpose & ask for recommendations. The statement of purpose is probably going to be pretty hard... ick!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home