Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Monday, October 25, 2004

The Cat

The cat likes baseball. She'll either sit on my lap and sleep while the game is going on, or she sits on the floor and stares at the TV. Granted, she might do this for other shows, but I've never really paid that much attention. In any case, she'd better be rooting for the Red Sox. Of course, she also really likes to sit on paper (which she's doing right now), so I'm not sure what she's actually thinking.

Our friend Robin thinks we should get another kitty to keep her company. She doesn't seem all that lonely to me, although Robin is the one who takes care of her when we're gone, so maybe she's much more lonely than she lets on. Of course her "meow" or whatever that sound that she makes is, can be kind of pitiful and make you think she is dying if you're not used to it. But really, she's just saying hi. We looked at the kitties at PetSmart. Can you believe that someone returned one because it was too affectionate? Obviously this person just wants a cat to look at. PJ was described to us as kitty velcro, and she pretty much is, when she's not sitting on paper and eating as much food as she can. While we were gone, she ate 2 days worth of food in about 12 hours. Good thing we usually monitor that sort of thing. By the way, we've decided to stick with one cat for now. I'm afraid to make my princess think she isn't a princess anymore, and I'm afraid I wouldn't love the new cat nearly as much as PJ. James might think she looks like a cat you'd find in the alley, but she's probably the best behaved cat you've ever seen. How many cats don't get on kitchen tables after being lifted off 3x on the first day you got them? She just does what she's supposed to (or not supposed to). You can't ask for a better kitty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home