Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

The South, Krispy Kreme Style

My best friend was in town for a few days, so last night we did what we always do with out of town guests: take them to Krispy Kreme. The experience was heightened by the fact that they had already visited some friends in another part of the South who hyped Krispy Kreme like crazy, only to find out that the store in their town had closed. So, a disappointed little Vermonter arrived at our door, only to learn that not only would we go to Krispy Kreme, but she could eat her fill and then some (we had a buy 1 dozen get a dozen free coupon). I think Andy at 4.5 donuts, a new record for him. I learned my lesson after the first KK event and ate only 3. That seems to be a number that satisfies me so that I feel like I have taken advantage of the hot now experience without thinking I might have to throw up if my stomach doesn't start digesting soon. So, if you're ever in town, and the Hot Now sign is on, we'll do our best to take you to Krispy Kreme as well. It's all a piece of the Southern life. That and the Smoker Friendly gas stations (it's a brand like Turkey Hill and Handee Hugo's BP)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home