Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Monday, May 31, 2004

No fears about gettting run over today...

When I arrived at work at 9am (yay I got to sleep in), there were 7 cars in the parking garage. Everyone has the day off, and I was actually 5 minutes early to work because there wasn't any traffic. It would have been 10, but I decided to stroll to the library from the parking garage instead of power walking. When I worked at B&N, every holiday brought bitterness because I knew I had to work, but now that I (kind of) have the option to work or not, I love holidays because at the library, we're not very busy. What student is going to get up at 9am on a holiday and say, "hmm, the first thing I want to do today is study!" I don't think so. At B&N, of course, it was the opposite. Somehow people don't mind getting up early to go shopping. Especially the day after Thanksgiving. Ick.

So, while I do have to work one more holiday to make up some snow days, at least I know that for the future, I probably won't be making up too many of those days, unless the library closes and I can't go to work. The only reason I have to make these up is because they were my first 2 days of work, and I couldn't go to work if my boss didn't go to work. Now, I'm a well trained Media/Microforms expert. Ask me anything. And since I don't fear the snow like everyone else, I'll be heading to work in January and enjoying my holidays next year. (Hurricanes are another matter. I won't be going anywhere when a hurricane is coming.) Of course, today is just going to be thunderstormy anyway, so I'd rather have a different day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home