Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Want a Smart car?

No, not one with a brain, or one resembling KITT from Knight Rider, but a Smart Car... Andy just called me and said, "I just saw a Smart car driving on the Eisenhower." For those of you who haven't been to Europe since before 1998 (or ever), here's a Smart car:

They're smaller than a MINI (our 2004 MINI is 11.9 feet long, 5.54 feet wide, and 4.66 feet tall, whereas the Smart car is 8.8 feet long, 5.1 feet wide, and 5.1 feet tall).

One of the dealers here in Chicagoland lists them for $27,900, which is far more than I'm willing to pay, even for a cute little car that gets about 50mpg city. However, the cars available now are just modified versions of the ones sold in Europe. Eventually, according to this 2004 MSNBC article, they are going to sell them in the US. I won't hold my breath, but if gas prices go higher, maybe we'll see them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home