Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Monday, May 21, 2007

What are the odds?

What are the odds that the University of Illinois would not receive my transcripts from Messiah and that I would not receive their notification that they did not receive my transcripts? Apparently good enough that it actually happened. I am very disappointed - I think that is actually an understatement. I was so sure I would get in (getting one Master's Degree and having 2 professors tell you that they are sorry to see you leaving the field has a tendency to make you sure about your academic ability), and now I really don't know what to do. Yes, there is the possibility of an appeal, as in, they may consider considering my appeal. I have no idea how long that will take. By now, I'm sure some of you are thinking, "No big deal, there's always next semester." Unfortunately, that's not how this works. I'll have to wait until Summer 2008 to get in because you can only enter this program once a year. By that time, many things will have changed, and I'm not sure the job I was hoping to get will be an option, since I won't be almost done. The joy of graduating has definitely been tempered. But I'll post some pictures anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home