Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Martha

I hate to admit it, but I've started to enjoy watching Martha Stewart's new show. I didn't want to like it at first because it wasn't Martha. She was trying to be all nice and chatty, and it just felt wrong. Tell me exactly how to make an angel food cake and don't show me some blundering celebrity try to do it next to you. Martha saying, "no, that's not how you do it" really wasn't all that endearing. At first. Now I think it's hillarious! She has all these people come on, they don't have any idea what they're doing, and here's Martha doing it perfectly. Unfortunately there isn't quite as much demonstration as I'd like. I honestly don't care what Serena Williams is doing (or whichever one was on). I want to know how to make hot fudge sauce. Oh well. It's good for a laugh sometimes.

I'm also trying to figure out how to get some free stuff. She answers viewer emails most days, and she usually gives them something in response to their question. One day it was sheets, another pots and pans. Sometimes it's silly stuff like an organizer box, but hey, it's free stuff. I'm trying to think of something related to my dining room paper. Like, "hey Martha, can you tell me your take on the changes in etiquette over time?" and she'll send me all of her books. Or something. I'm not just trying to milk the free stuff - I really do want to know that sort of thing. I'm just trying to figure out how to ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home