Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Friday, January 06, 2006

let's just have some fun

so.......... it's been like a month since i updated, and, as usual, i'll post a bunch of things all in one day. it's just easier that way. plus, it seems that whenever i start posting one thing i remember 5 other that i wanted to discuss.

let's talk about being a student first. I commented on Kathi's blog that I liked being a student so much that I decided to do it again. It's true, after a year away from school, I really missed it. Not the homework, mind you, but the whole idea of vacations and hanging out with a bunch of people your own age without much to do. Granted, I don't really do much of the hanging out with nothing to do, but I do have fun on the L on the way home from class. College is the last time in your life when your social life is just sitting there waiting for you to do something with it. Just go down the hall and someone will be doing something. And no job will give you a month off in the winter and 3 months in the summer (unless you plan to just leave permanently, or you're a teacher, but trust me, teachers earn their rest).

Perhaps the best, most important part about being a student: you pretty much set your own hours. Yeah, you have to go to class for a few hours, and you don't always get to choose when you go, but other than that, you're on your own. Want to watch Passions in the middle of the day and do your homework later? Go right ahead. Try telling your boss that you'd rather not answer the phone right now because Gwen and Ethan are going through a critical time in their marraige (and when aren't they). No - you go to work and you sit at your desk or do whatever you do and then you go home when they say you can. No matter how much you like your job, you'll miss the freedom. I promise.

On an unrelated note, if you happen to flip through the channels and see the Time Life 70s explosion infomercial with Greg Brady and the lady from the Prilosec commercials (among others), I highly recommend it. You'll be singing "American Pie" and "Hooked on a Feeling" all day. Plus it's just hillarious to see their clothes and hair. Mustaches are bad. Really bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home