Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Update on consumer confidence

Andy read the same article that I discussed in yesterday's post. He had a few extra things to say about it, which I think are worth mentioning. He noted that the study began in January of this year - at the height of Presidential Primary Season. Perhaps this lack of consumer confidence in the under $50,000 crowd was actually due in part to Edwards' pounding us all over the head with the 2 Americas thing all during the primaries. Maybe the democrats actually caused the drop in consumer confidence with their pessimism disguised as optimism? Well, we won't know from that article, since we don't have data from past years. Something to think about.

See - I can be "objective" and un-liberal every once in a while :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home