Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Friday, July 09, 2004

Stupid People

I would like to contemplate the stupid things people do for just a minute. On my way to work this morning, I drove up the hill to the end of our street as always. Except this time, some car pulling a trailer was stopped in the intersection, almost completely blocking the end of the street. This old guy and his son then proceeded to get out of the car and look at something on the trailer. I was thisclose to beeping when the guy noticed me and put up his finger to signal - "just a minute" Fortunately it was more like 30 seconds. They got in their car and drove off. Later, I saw them on a different road, stopped again - but this time not blocking another street. At this point, you're probably thinking: so what - they needed to stop, and that place provided them an area to get off a busy road. No, not quite - you see, the side of the road that they stopped on has a shoulder as wide as a lane of cars about 100 yards in either direction from the end of our street. So, had the car simply pulled forward, or stopped sooner, no one would have been annoyed. I just want to know what made them stop and block an entire intersection?! Were they in their car thinking - oh, here's a wide stretch of road, let's pull over - then, did the son say, wait dad, don't go too far - we need to block this road! I hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home