Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Babies

My cousin had her 5th baby this week. Yeah, that's right 5. Now, ordinarily, I think 5 babies is a lot, I mean, that's a ton of diapers to change. Now think about the fact that the oldest of her 5 babies is in 2nd grade (or thereabouts). Now think about the fact that she is 5 years older than I am (she'll be 28 any day now), and you realize that 5 babies can seem like a lot more than 5 babies when you've been changing diapers almost continuously for the last 8ish years. (yes, I'm aware that I don't know the exact age of my first cousins once removed - yes, that's right, the children of your first cousins are first cousins once removed - ask (first cousin once removed - though she's not the child of my first cousin, she's my dad's first cousin, so I'm the child of her first cousin) cousin Betty if you don't believe me - but there are a lot of cousins to take care of, and we do live in a different state - I'm lucky I know how old I am.) Anyway, I think having 1 baby is scary, but 5?? At least it wasn't all at once. Can you imagine 5 babies at one time???? I'm speechless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home