Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Friday, October 26, 2007

Pickles

Anyone who has eaten a meal with me knows I love pickles. Sweet, dill, hot and spicy, you name it, I'll eat it. I have been known to eat pickles and cheese for lunch on occasion. After I do this, I always wonder, what have I done to my insides? I'd imagine pickles are somewhat acidic, since they are preserved and all, so I wonder - does eating half a jar of pickles damage your insides? I've never felt any ill effects from eating half a jar of pickles, but maybe I've just grown accustomed to it. I don't know. But it's something I was thinking about today, since I stopped by the grocery store on the way home from the library and picked up one of those big dill pickles from the deli barrel. I used to love those when I was a kid, and I still do. :) Alton Brown made pickles like that the other day, and I wanted one, but since it was 11 at night, I wasn't really interested in going out to buy one or the ingredients to make one. But soon, very soon, I'm going to have my very own barrel of pickles. :)

2 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

My grandfather made pickles in a jar. He'd grow the cucumbers and everything! The jar was ginormous and had all different kinds of pickles in it. Once I would eat all the pickles, I'd drink the juice left over. I miss the giant jars of pickles . . .

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

check it out

http://www.ilovepickles.org/index.html

dav

 

Post a Comment

<< Home