Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Harry Potter and that thing called library school boot camp

Well, bootcamp is over. Thank goodness. Not that it was especially difficult academically, but it certainly wasn't what I would consider a "vacation" (when I returned to work, 2 people asked me how my vacation was. I corrected them.) On Sunday, I read the first Harry Potter book because I promised my boss that I would. I have to admit that I actually liked it. Not my favorite book by any means, but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. So if you're like me and have been putting of HP for the last 10 years (yeah, the 1st one came out in '97), give it a try. Or, just watch the movie. The last book is 650 or so pages. One girl in my class bought it on Friday night at midnight and stayed up all night reading. I wonder how her exam went the next day.

1 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger James said...

I've just finished the new book. It's good. Not sure it deserves a nobel prize or anything ... but it's definately a page-turner.

I think the books get better as Harry gets older. They also get less and less like Children's books. I like that, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home