Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It's a good thing I'm married

and not for any of the reasons you're probably thinking.

I know myself, and I'm not naturally inclined to read a lot on the internet. I like books (I'm going to be a librarian for goodness sakes!), so I read books. What this leads to is a deficiency of information about the newest things. Especially technology things. Fortunately, I married someone who loves, and I can't emphasize this enough - LOVES - reading the internet. As a result, when I want to know about anything, he's probably read about it and can tell me about it as well as how to find out more. As a result, I didn't have to be one of the people who asked what RSS was on the 2nd day of class. I also know what a Wiki is. Granted, a lot of what I know goes back to Mrs. Jewett's Computer Technology classes in high school, but you also have to be up on the latest technology. So, in celebration of being married 3 years and 349 days (give or take), I post my thanks to Andy for making sure I'm not a mastodon (sorry, that's a library school joke) and can do my work without tearing out my hair.

I will say this, though, I figured out VPN all by myself. :)

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger h0n0r said...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/08/fashion/08librarian.html?ex=1184817600&en=9b486b01e8baa82c&ei=5070

'A Hipper Crowd of Shushers'
I'm betting that you already read this, but just in case... Also, I have decided to quit teaching (don't tell your mom yet - so far I don't have a back up idea) so I'm celebrating 8 more days in the classroom. Many happy anniversary wishes - our is this coming weekend, the day after Simpsons craziness (Which is going from 8am-10pm. We;ll be selling squishees). Thanks for bringing back a memory of Mrs. Jewett - BASIC has served me very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home