Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Saturday, September 09, 2006

looking for a book?

Sometimes I miss the old card catalog. You know, the one with actual cards? These computerized ones can really have problems. For example, I wanted to do a Boolean search using LUC's catalog, so I typed my search using Boolean operators (AND, OR, NOT), and the search returned an error: "Your search generated no hits. Make sure you are not using Boolean operators." Great, I try to do a Boolean search and even that doesn't let you use Boolean operators? And then there's the catalog for work, which randomly provides you with results that you didn't look for. You can click on this great title to take a look at its description and it brings up a completely different book. Why does this happen? I have no idea, but it's really annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home