Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Monday, August 28, 2006

Pluto

Ok, so I'm a little late on the Pluto posting, but I have to put my 2 cents in. While it's great that the "planet" has received its proper classification, I want to complain that this will cause a lot of problems in libraries and schools around the world. I, for one, just bought a brand new set of planet books with some donated money for my collection at the library. I buy Dewey #'s 500-573, which means I buy science and math. Hence, planets. Do you know how much a set of planet books costs? A lot. And you can't just replace Pluto, because all of the other books mentions the "planet" and has a diagram of the "solar system." Plus all of the books about the solar system in general. So, James, in your rejoicing, if you'd like to donate a few hundred dollars to the library in celebration of the new dwarf planet, we'd definitely accept it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home