Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Friday, December 09, 2005

Friends

So I never really thought that I had made much of an impression on the people in my classes. I guess I would refer to some of them as my friends, but I think that would require interaction beyond the El and class. Well, yesterday, as the snow came down, I realized that they like me, they really like me when they all raced toward the second El car. You see, when I transfer, the front of the train is a long walk from the exit and transfer to the green line. Unfortunately, it's also a long walk to the back of the train, and a great distance from the little warming hut thing that the CTA so graciously provides. So, we huddle by the warmer after class and then get on the train, and I always say, please can we go on the second car (when the first car is always right in front of us). They always go, but yesterday we had an exceptionally large group due to the snow... and they still ran to the second car just for me :) Ok, so it's really not that far, but it does feel nice :) And, Deb and Liz said that they go to the second car on Wednesdays, just out of habit, even though I'm not there. All of us even bonded over some well deserved criticsm of a certain professor who shall remain nameles. RRR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home