Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Presentations

I have to talk about this because it drives me INSANE... I absolutely hate listening to students give presentations. In particular, there are a few students in my local history class who need to learn the meaning of "10 minute presentation" and "notes." Perhaps if you had taken even 5 minutes to prepare some notes for your presentation you would not have taken 20-25 minutes instead of your alloted 10. Perhaps then our class wouldn't have gotten out half an hour late, and perhaps your presentation might have been remotely interesting instead of full of "um," "ah," and a lot of time trying to figure out what it is you wanted to say. Really, 5 minutes - highlight some things on your paper or something. You could have probably just read your paper in less time than it took you to stand in front of the class searching for the important points in your paper because you didn't highlight them. UGH! This is the 3rd time this has happened, and it's always the same people. No, I don't want to get home from class after 10pm, especially when I have to be at work at 9am the next day. Now I know that not everyone is good at giving presentations, and I know that I am not a presentation superstar - that's why you practice, and that's why you have notes. Or at least one of the two. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home