Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Friday, October 14, 2005

Pizza

People talk about Chicago style pizza. Frankly, it's not that good. Give me Teddy's New Yorker pizza in the shopping Plaza by Jones Franklin and Western (in Raleigh) any day. Let me explain. First, Chicago style pizza puts the toppings UNDER the cheese. Instead of crunchy happy pepperoni, it's all mushy. Also, there's just too much sauce. I don't particularly enjoy sauce. Finally, the crust is usually on the dry side, and has what I can only describe as a corn meal flavor. Not overtly corn meal, but a hint of corn meal in the dough. Either way, it's just not good. I was reminded of the yummyness of real pizza when we went to the grocery store today. They have 4.99 pizza Fridays. We questioned whether the pizza would taste good, but for $4.99 we were willing to risk it. It was worth $4.99 and then some! Crispy pepperoni, moist (non corn meal) crust, and just the right amount of sauce. It made my day. Granted, I think there are a few Papa John's and Pizza Huts around here, but not many. I'd rather go to a local place anyway. Unfortunately, we've yet to discover a local place with normal pizza besides the grocery store. If anyone hears of anything, let me know, because I refuse to eat another pizza with pepperoni on the inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home