Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Friday, September 02, 2005

What's going on?

Well, let me tell you. LOTS of things. I have successfully navigated the "El" by myself during rush hour to get to school. I have discovered that I will be reading a whole bunch of books that I have either already read or partially read in previous classes. I have met a girl with $95,000 in debt from undergrad who came to grad school to study Public History without a TA (she's looking for a job). [let's veer away from me for a second to talk about this girl - i just want to shake her - why not put off grad school until you can go for free, instead of adding on another $20,000? It's not like public history is some gold mine field where you'll make $70,000 a year when you're done. ok back to me] I have spent 2 weeks at my new job with really fun, nice people. Close your ears, I'll be singing in storytime in just 1 1/2 weeks. I have my own desk space. Mine and nobody else's. They gave me a basket of candy when I arrived. I have my own tape dispenser, scissors, post-its, drawers, could life be any better? I have discovered the joys of a huge library system: I can check out books from almost 100 libraries, which so far means that I have only had to buy 1 school book. Now I don't have to cherish "The Great Cat Massacre" for years to come (or try to convince someone to buy it from me).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home