Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Monday, January 31, 2005

Trading Spouses

I'm a horrible person. I don't know why, but I actually enjoy watching Trading Spouses on Fox. Tonight's episode was about a mom who doesn't do anything at home and a mom who is one of those moms with more energy than is humanly possible. As a result, one mom was going stir crazy and the other mom was just sitting around eating chocolates while the "husband" frantically tried to get a party together that the lazy mom had invited a bunch of people to. All the while, the poor husband kept saying how much he missed his wife. I guess the show makes people appreciate their spouses more. Frankly, I'm not sure what drives people to go on this show - is $50,000 really worth it? (Especially since the traded mom gets to decide how the other family spends their money - of course, that's the reality show twist and the people don't know that when they sign up to do the show.) I'm not sure you could get me to live with strangers for $1 million, let alone $50,000. Of course, I'd be crazy to leave the set-up I've got going here. All I do is scoop the kitty poop, clean the bathroom and put dishes in the diswasher. All right, I do more than that, but it sure is nice to not have to think about what's for dinner every night. I can't even pick a restaurant (unless it's Friendly's). Returning to my original subject, the show is good for a laugh, and it's interesting to see the weirdness of people's families. Just be thankful you're sitting in your own house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home