Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

SPAM!

I'm not too familiar with SPAM for a reason I do not know. Somehow, my email address has managed to remain SPAM free since I was 16. Maybe I just signed up for the right things and didn't sign up for the wrong things. In any case, I will probably never get rid of that email address for that one reason. However, here at work, we have a general email address that is clearly posted on a website (that's a mistake that someone should have corrected right now) and we get a lot of spam. Here's what I want to know... am I really going to click on that link because "Ron" sent it to me? How many people even know anyone named Ron? I think I know 1, and he is about my grandparents' age, so I doubt he is sending me any account information that requires me to click on some link to who knows what. But people must be clicking on this stuff left and right, or they wouldn't send it out. What I want to know is, why haven't these people who are clicking on these spam links figured out that they're not real? It's really getting annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home