Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Insert Interesting Title Here

So, I'm kind of at a loss for intelligent words, but I haven't written in a while, so I thought I should. Yesterday was a wonderful anniversary that included 2 cute necklaces as my present. Andy noted that he had considered a real diamond necklace, but the price was a little more than he bargained for. I, being the abnormal girl that I am, said that I wouldn't have wanted the diamond necklace anyway, because I'd be too scared to wear it. I'm not exactly what one might call coordinated, and I wouldn't want to risk getting it caught on something and ripped off my neck. Before you think to yourself, that's hard to do, think about the fact that I have lost a number of necklaces from that type of breakage (although none were actually ripped off my neck), and I feel much more confident about a $20 (or even $5 - I have a number of necklaces in this price range) necklace around my neck. If you drop the stone down the toilet, well, that's sad, but it's replaceable with less than a week's pay (for me anyway).

My birthday is on Friday. We'll be spending the evening on airplanes and in airports on the way to VT. I'm glad we had a nice dinner last night :) Even though Taco Bell is one of my favorite restaurants (second only to Friendly's), it is nice to dress up on special occasions.

Also, there have been some big changes here at The Office, one of which was a huge move in the Media Center yesterday. Lots of things were switched around. The most important thing of all, though, is my new computer. I get my own computer that no students can download junk onto and ruin, and it's brand new. No one has touched it! And it's fast, unlike the one I have in the Microforms Room, which could be older than I am (not really - the box actually says it is a P3, but it's a little short on RAM). I've also been training all the other full time people to work over here. That has been interesting. I guess it's a little harder for some people than others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home