Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

If only we were independently wealthy

I truly wonder how many people would be so cranky. I'm not talking being independently wealthy and being obnoxious about it, I'm talking being able to work and do the things you enjoy. Of course, then there'd be no one to work the check out at Target, because, let's face it, I don't think that's anyone's idea of a fun job. Sometimes I just wish that everyone could have a job they really liked instead of settling because either they don't have the right degree, or they really need the money. Basically, I fall under category A. I am pretty sure that I want to be an Education Curator, or at least be involved in education programs at a museum, like when I worked for the Cumberland County (PA) Historical Society, but those kinds of jobs are few and far between, and you have to have a master's degree to get them. I know I'd learn A LOT by getting my Master's, but I think I know enough now to do the job. RRRR I start my first class on Monday, and I'm excited, but I'm also mad at myself for not just applying to go to school this fall. Now, even if I weren't working full time, I can't take more than 3 (or 4 - I have to check on that) classes before I'm admitted to the program, or they won't count toward my degree once I'm in the program. This wouldn't be a big deal, except that the program only lets you enter in the fall semester.... so, I have to wait until the fall. RRRR Anyway, that's a little venting. On a more positive note, we had a nice vacation, and we didn't even have to eat at grandma's, where the food lacks some flavor (they came to my parents' house instead, and we got to have yummy macaroni and cheese).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home