Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Thursday, February 26, 2004

It's snowing like crazy out there

Well, another North Carolina "snowstorm" is upon us. I think this one might actually accumulate, unlike the last one that was just rain. To be on the safe side, all of the schools in the state have already sent the kids home early, even though when they cancelled most cities didn't even have a flake of snow yet. I'm sure they've already cancelled for tomorrow, since if it snows even a little bit no one knows what to do. I'm convinced that the entire triangle (this includes the cities of Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill - I'm not sure how many people, but definitely a lot) only has as many snowplows as my little Vermont town of 9,000 people. This causes great problems when it snows. Basically, they will wait until it all melts, no matter how long it takes. Schools were closed for 4 days in January when it snowed 2" on a Sunday. Yes the roads were bad for the first few days, but this certainly could have been prevented. I'm not even going to talk about how often they close school based on the possibility of a little snow. Usually it rains...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home