Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Have you ever transcribed an interview?

Until this semester, I had not. Let me just say, that everyone just needs to talk much more slowly. Naturally, we got the person who talks as quickly as I do. It was a really fascinating interview of a retired judge, and I'm just happy we had someone who didn't mind talking to us. On the other hand, even at 50% speed, the slowest I can make it, she still seems to talk really quickly. And so do I! No breaks from interviewer or interviewee.

I'm nearly finished with the first run-through, though, which is great. Then I have to listen to it again. And again. And again. Then we'll each listen to each other's parts. Again. And Again. Eeek. Have I mentioned I also have to write a rough draft for my Jello paper by next Tuesday? Yeah, so Thanksgiving is going to be a day of me giving thanks for having a computer to type on. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home