Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Friday, November 03, 2006

terrifying experiences

So this doesn't compare with actually getting hit, but have you ever been in traffic, then had to come to a sudden stop, and watched the car behind you in your rear view mirror come insanely close to hitting you? Well, this happened to me today. Frankly, the way things go on the highways here, I'm surprised that it doesn't happen more often (but glad it doesn't). Here's the way traffic usually flows on the Eisenhower: slow, slow, slow, drive really fast, slam on your brakes, wait 5 minutes, slow, slow, drive really fast... i think you get the point. I have no idea what causes traffic that was previously moving just fine come to a complete stop. I am really curious about this. It's not as if you go ahead 500 feet and see a dead skunk in the road or something (actually, we are totally free of most dead animals here, since there isn't a lot of grass or forest where animals could live in the first place before being slammed by a speeding car). In fact, you will slam on your brakes, drive ahead, and see nothing. Absolutely nothing. What causes this?! I would really like to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home