Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Things I've noticed

1. When you cross the border between Maywood and River Forest (yes, Andy, a little corner of River Forest actually touches Maywood), the roads get incredibly smooth. Obviously all those property taxes pay for more than schools.
2. Drivers in Chicagoland are much nicer than the drivers in any other city I've driven in or ridden in. Sure, there's beeping, but I think we're all just so completely aware that it will take us 5 hours to go somewhere anyway that letting one more car in front of us really won't make that much of a difference. Here's for resigned indifference.
3. I used to write much more interesting blog posts.
4. Dishwashers are really important to me. I've actually considered bringing a dirty dish with me to work each day and sticking it in the dishwasher there. Unfortunately, that would mean putting my initials on everything. I think that might ruin the look of our stunning glasses (which I found replacements for at the dollar store a little while ago - I'm not sure whether I'm happy or sad that our glasses were at the dollar store).
5. When I'm working, I really don't like it when kids come up and ask a question and then proceed to go around the desk and watch me search. Ok, maybe they can consider it a learning experience, but I really don't need their suggestions, like "why don't you search for 'fast cars'? That's what I'm looking for." Just an FYI, "Fast Cars" is not a Library of Congress subject heading and unless someone called their book "Fast Cars," it would not help your search one bit.
6. I need a PDA. I never ever in my wildest dreams wanted a PDA. But I have too much to keep track of, and I'm just not writing anything down in the paper calendar. Unfortunately, the thought of spending more than $100 on something that I would just use as a calendar seems excessive. Just like an HDTV. Our TV works, mostly, so why get another one? Darn Yankee/New England Puritan values. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home