Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Friday, October 20, 2006

Running a marathon

My boss (and Lisa) is (are) running in the Chicago marathon on Sunday. This reminds me of the time we had to run 10 miles for cross country practice. Once you get past 7, it's all just miserable. You just want to die. And pee. Or at least I did. From that time on, I vowed never to run 10 (or more) miles again. At least in a single session. And I can safely say that I never have. (But I have run 5 miles in the morning and 5 miles in the evening. The joys of double practice.) Now I'm proud of myself if I run up the stairs from the subway to the El (which, by the way is more than 3 flights and includes crossing a street and spending a little time on the sidewalk) and don't pass out at the top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home